Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

Sound moves me. I live for it. I live to be stimulated by a noise everyone hears, but few really listen to. Nothing quite gets me excited like mixing a few simple sounds to make something completely different, but yet thoroughly perfect for the situation. Sight and sound go hand and hand, though few understand how this partnership truly works. As a professional in the sound field, I understand and embrace this. I listen to the world around me and use this to help people understand that with every movement, a sound is involved. Sound itself is a phenomenon few try to understand, let alone master, but this became my calling a long time ago. It works in mysterious ways, ways of which I want to work hard at understanding. To work with sound requires an ability to understand it and how it functions, an area which I have taking a liking towards. My dream is not to be a rich and powerful record label owner. My dream is to be someone who wakes up every morning wanting to take on the day, to go to bed every night satisfied with a job well done and a day’s worth of experience to help me as professional and a person. I'm a student for life, always learning, always moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment